Widget Terms of Service
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Welcome to Widget, a service of MobilePages, Inc. (“Widget”). The Widget website and app provide a service (the “Service”) enabling the creation and distribution of Widgetized Images (“Widget Images/Widgetized Images”). Your use of the Service is subject to these Terms of Service ("Terms"). These Terms will also be applicable to your use of the Service on a trial basis. By using the Service, you signify your acceptance of these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Service.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
Our web and mobile-based Service allows users who register for an account (each an "Account Holder") to create and update Widget Images. Once registered, each Account Holder receives his or her own Widget Images and may post "Content" (defined in Section 7). Any new features on the Service, including the release of new Widget tools and resources, shall be subject to these Terms. To use the Service, you must have access to the Internet, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and you must pay any fees associated with Internet access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the Internet, including a web-enabled computer. The Service may include certain communications from us, such as service announcements, administrative messages, and Widget updates. These communications are considered part of Widget membership. You may not access the Service by any means other than through the Service interfaces we provide you.
To register as an Account Holder, you must use a mobile device and the Widget mobile app to provide registration data ("Registration Data"). Registration Data includes a password and username for your Mobile Domains that you will create during the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password, username, and for all activities that occur under your account. In consideration of use of the Service, you agree to maintain and update true, accurate, current and complete Registration Data. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if Widget has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service or any portion thereof.
CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
If you cancel the Service, your cancellation will take effect immediately. After cancellation, you will no longer have access to your Mobile Domains and we may delete all information and message data. We accept no liability for such deleted information or content. For as long as we continue to offer the Service, we will provide and seek to update, improve and expand the Service. As a result, we allow you to access the Service as it may exist and be available on any given day and have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in this Agreement. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the Service, partially or entirely, or change and modify prices for all or part of the Services for you or for all our users in our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on our site or by direct communication to you unless otherwise noted. We further reserve the right to withhold, remove and or discard any Content available as part of your account, with or without notice if deemed by us to be contrary to this Agreement. For avoidance of doubt, we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or others provide when using the Service.
ACCOUNT AND SECURITY
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and Mobile Domains, for all activities that occur or actions taken under the account or in connection with the Mobile Domains. You agree to immediately notify us in writing of any unauthorized uses of the account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. You acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will we be liable, in any way, for any or your acts or omissions or those of any third party, including damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
YOUR RIGHTS IN YOUR CONTENT
Widget does not claim ownership of your Content, but you give us your permission to host your Content on the Service. This permission exists only for as long as you continue to use the Service or remain an Account Holder.
CONTENT AND CONDUCT RULES AND OBLIGATIONS
the content of any third party, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in your Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. You acknowledge that we do not pre-screen Content, but that we shall have the right (but not the obligation) to refuse, move or delete any Content that is available via the Service. We shall also have the right to remove any Content that violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable in our sole discretion. You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content. You may not rely on any Content created by us. You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
(a) comply with legal process;
(b) enforce these Terms;
(c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or
(d) protect our rights, property, or personal safety and those of our users and the public.
The technical processing and transmission of the Service, including Content, may involve
(a) transmissions over various networks; and
(b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You agree that you will not:
(a) upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy (up to, but not excluding any address, email, phone number, or any other contact information without the written consent of the owner of such information), hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(b) harm minors in any way;
(c) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Widget official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(d) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
(e) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(f) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights of any party;
(g) upload, post, or transmit unsolicited commercial email or "spam". This includes unethical marketing, advertising, or any other practice that is in any way connected with "spam", such as (i) sending mass email to recipients who haven't requested from you or with a fake return address, (ii) promoting a Mobile Domain with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or (iii) promoting your Mobile Domains by posting multiple submissions in public forums that are identical;
(h) upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(i) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
(j) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
(k) "stalk" or otherwise harass another;
(l) promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, without limitation, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons or incendiary devices;
(m) offer for sale or sell any item, good or service that (i) violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, (ii) you do not have full power and authority under all relevant laws and regulations to offer and sell, including all necessary licenses and authorizations, or (iii) we determine, in our sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the Service;
(n) solicit a third party's passwords or personal identifying information for unlawful or phishing purposes;
(o) exceed the scope of the Service that you have signed up for; for example, by accessing and using the tools that you do not have a right to use, or deleting, adding to, or otherwise changing other people’s comments or content;
(p) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is intended to take advantage of a user. Such content may include, but is not limited to, "get rich quick", "get paid to surf", pyramid/MLM, or other dubious schemes.
(q) create a Mobile Domain that provides an injurious user experience with custom programming. Examples include, but are not limited to, extreme flashing banners and excessive animated movement.
(r) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content such as nudity in a sexual context, any Content revealing exposed genitalia. We retain the right to terminate any account or user who has violated any of the above prohibitions.
This policy covers how MobilePages, Inc., a Delaware corporation, and operating as the widget mobile app, widget mobile domains (“Mobile Domains”), and www.widget.co ("Widget," "we," "us," or "our") treats personal information that it collects and receives on www.widget.co and the Widget mobile app.
We are not in the business of selling information about you: we use information shared with us for the sole purpose of running and improving our services. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Information We Gather
Widget collects personal information when you register with us, use Widget products or services or post content on a Widget website, Widget mobile app, or Widget Mobile Domain. This information is limited to your, username, and any information you post on your site. Your password is stored securely using a salted, variable work factor, one-way hash function.
- Widget automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request. We also collect other useful information as part of our analytics services, in order to improve the service. However, we do not link such information to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
- Widget may collect billing information if you sign up for a paid service, which may include your name, address, telephone number, credit card details, and other information that is necessary in order to process the transaction. Under no circumstance do we store any of your sensitive billing details.
- Widget uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, support, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
Widget occasionally obtains IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our websites. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting Widget's web sites from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use Widget services or products that require you to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
- Widget uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the Widget Sites, Products, and Services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on the Widget Sites, Products, and Services.
Information Use, Sharing, and Disclosure
Widget does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Widget websites, products, and services with others except as described in this policy.
- We do not share, sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Widget may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the Widget products and services, or to do something that you have asked us to do.
- When you register for Widget, we collect user-submitted account information such as username, password and device UDID (Unique Device Identifier) to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service.
- When you post content on a Widget website or mobile domain (“Mobile Domain”), you have the ability to post content which may include personally identifiable information about yourself.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- To request removal of your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Widget may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
Widget may revise, modify or update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular Widget account or by placing a prominent notice on our site prior to the change becoming effective.
Widgets may support functions that require that you disclose certain personally identifiable information given the user's choice of participation. This information is collected in many different ways such as forms, surveys, contests, forums, subscribing or unsubscribing to mailings and correcting or updating personally identifiable information and are only used for the purpose in which they were collected. Forms which require sensitive information such as financial information (credit card) to process purchases for products or services are SSL encrypted to protect your sensitive information.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
- Confidentiality and Security
- No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
- We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your account information is password-protected. Additionally, your account's password is stored using a salted, variable work factor, one-way hash algorithm.
- In certain areas, Widget uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If Widget learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Widget or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products, and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable websites. We may also send a message to you through your Mobile Domain(s). Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com
Changing your Preferences and Personal Information
You can edit your account information with www.widget.co at any time.
You can delete your applicable account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete such information by making the change on our user account page, or by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com
If you have a privacy concern regarding Widget, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of those sites, products or services, you should complete you can write to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org